Blazing Saddles 30th Anniversary Edition
DVD Mel Brooks
Number of Disks: 1
Condition: Very Good
WidescreenBlazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary Special Edition (DVD)
The railroad's got to run through the town of Rock Ridge. How do you drive out the townfolk in order to steal their land? Send in the toughest gang you've got...and name a new sheriff who'll last about 24 hours. But that's not really the plot of Blazing Saddles, just the pretext. Once Mel Brooks' lunatic film many call his best gets started, logic is lost in a blizzard of gags, jokes, quips, puns, howlers, growlers and outrageous assaults upon good taste or any taste at all. Cleavon Little as the new lawman, Gene Wilder as the wacko Waco Kid, Brooks himself as a dim-witted politico and Madeline Kahn in her Marlene Dietrich send-up that earned an Academy Award nomination all give this sagebrush saga their lunatic best. And when Blazing Saddles can't contain itself at the finale, it just proves the Old West will never be the same!
- All-new digital transfer and remastered Dolby 5.1 sound
- Scene-specific commentary by director/co-writer Mel Brooks
- Cast/Crew Reunion documentary "Back in the Saddle"
- Excerpt of "Intimate Portrait: Madeline Kahn Remembers"
- "Black Bart" 1975 TV Pilot that inspired the film
- Additional scenes